Take in the heady scents of herbs and wander under the living willow tunnel
Splash across the welly ford and swing under the trees on the giant web swing!
Take a journey over pools, streams and lush wetland
Wolseley Centre Gift Shop
You'll find a warm welcome in our Wolseley Bridge Visitor Centre and gift shop.
Staffordshire Wildlife Trust’s HQ, the Wolseley Centre, is one of the county’s hidden gems and it's completely free to visit – so why not make a date in your diary to come and see us this month?
- A friendly and welcoming visitor centre and gift shop selling nature-inspired books, toys, homeware, clothing, cards, bird food and feeders.The centre also sells hot and cold drinks and cold snacks which you can enjoy in an indoor or outdoor seating area or one of the many picnic benches around the grounds.
- 26 acres of beautiful grounds to explore, which are full of interesting features and wildlife-friendly display gardens
- A network of accessible footpaths weave around the grounds - ideal for pushchairs, wheelchairs and little feet! Feed the ducks or take a picnic beside our three lakes or search for colourful dragonflies and the bright blue flash of kingfishers as you stroll alongside the river
- Walk along the boardwalk and enjoy views over tranquil pools and across the River Trent and beyond
- Youngster visitors will love our Play Trail - which includes a welly splash bridge, musical sculptures, rocks, logs and trees to climb on and a giant web swing!
- Look for the many natural sculptures and willow creations around the grounds in the leafy undergrowth, and there are plenty of benches if you want to sit and enjoy the tranquillity
- Stop off in the sensory garden, packed with plants that stimulate your sense of smell, taste, touch, sight and sound, or pick up ideas for attracting wildlife to your plot in the wildlife garden.
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
10am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday
There are toilets in the visitor centre. There is an accessible toilet and baby changing facilities which can be used from a seated position.
Other facilities and services
Conference facilities: There are two rooms available for hire at the Wolseley Centre for meetings, conferences and other functions. Find out more.
Birthday Parties: Fancy a birthday party with a wild twist? You can celebrate your special day at the Wolseley Centre and take part in a host of exciting outdoor activities, such as a pirate treasure hunt or teddy bear's picnic. Find out more.
Events: There is a packed programme of events and activities at the Wolseley Centre, including Wildlings, Wildplay and Nature Tots for children. See our What's On page for details.
Tel: 01889 880100
Read our Wolseley Centre leaflet
There is a large car park. A donation for car parking is much appreciated and will go towards the Trust's work protecting wildlife around the county. The car park is closed at 4.15pm on weekdays and at weekends, but visitors are free to park outside the gates and explore the grounds on foot. Access is required at all times so please do not block the gates.
The Wolseley Centre is easy to find on the A51 near Rugeley. Look for the brown tourist signs.
Postcode: ST17 0WT
From Stafford: follow the A513 east towards Rugeley for 6 miles until you reach Wolseley Bridge. At the double roundabout cross the first, and turn left at the second into the Wolseley Garden Centre entrance. The driveway entrance to The Wolseley Centre is immediately on the right next to the small building
From Rugeley: take the A51 west for two miles. At the roundabout turn right into the Wolseley Garden Centre entrance. The driveway entrance to The Wolseley Centre is immediately on the right next to the small building
From Stoke-on-Trent: take the A34 south and then A51 south from Stone. Head south for 12 miles until you reach Wolseley Bridge. At the double roundabout take the left hand filter lane and then turn left at the second roundabout into the Wolseley Garden Centre entrance. The driveway entrance to The Wolseley Centre is immediately on the right next to the small building.
Bus: The Wolseley Centre is on bus route 825 between Stafford and Rugeley, runs twice an hour