Wild Activities for the under fives
Outdoor exploration for eight-13-year-olds
Celebrate your special day with natural fun and games
Staffordshire Wildlife Trust has loads of exciting activities on offer to help families and children get closer to the natural world.
Six months to five-year-olds and their parents or carers - Wildlings
- What? Wildlings is an exciting new series of FUN outdoor education sessions being held at The Wolseley Centre. These sessions are specifically designed to meet babies/toddlers' interest in the outside world and encourage healthy development.
Where and when? Wildlings will run from 10.30am-12pm on the first and third Friday of each month at our Wolseley Centre headquarters, near Rugeley. Search our What's On for upcoming sessions.
Under fives and their parents or carers - Nature Tots
• What? Nature Tots is a regular group for pre-school children and their parents. At each meet up, youngsters get stuck into a variety of stimulating learning experiences in the natural environment, such as bug-hunting, making natural collages and mud-painting.
• Where and when? Nature Tots groups meet up at lots of different venues around the county, including many childrens' centres. Click here to find out where your nearest group is, or search What's On for upcoming sessions.
Five to eight-year-olds accompanied by their parents or carers - Wildlife Watch family events
•What? Wildlife Watch family events are packed with environmental activities to introduce five to eight-year-olds and their families to the delights of nature. You could go pond-dipping or make a colourful dragonfly from natural materials.
•Where and when? Wildlife Watch family events are staged at a range of venues including the Wolseley Centre in Wolseley Bridge, Westport Lake Visitor Centre in Stoke-on-Trent and at parks and green spaces around the Potteries - see What's On to find your nearest one.
Eight to 13-year-olds (no need to be accompanied by an adult) - Wildplay
• What? Our Wildplay sessions for eight-13-year-olds are designed to encourage children to explore the natural world through exciting activities such as making feeders for birds, building dens, and searching the colourful creepy crawlies.
• Where and when? Wildplay takes place in the school holidays at locations including the Wolseley Centre in Wolseley Bridge, Westport Lake Visitor Centre in Stoke-on-Trent and at parks and green spaces around the Potteries - check out What's On for your nearest session.
Eight - 13-year-olds (no need to be accompanied by an adult) - Wildlife Watch groups
• What? Wildlife Watch groups are for children who are interested in wildlife and nature. Groups meet once a month, and get involved in loads of fascinating outdoors stuff, such as going on a trail to look for mammal tracks and signs or making a refuge for insects to hibernate in.
• Where and when? There are six groups across Staffordshire and they meet up once a month. To find your nearest group and get in touch, click here.
Activities for children with physical and learning disabilities and their families
• What? Although all our sessions are inclusive we have variety of activities to encourage children with disabilities and their families to discover the delights of the natural world. These sessions offer more support for those who need it.
• Where and when? Regular Wildplay sessions, family events and Nature Tots sessions are staged at the Trust's Wolseley Centre HQ in Wolseley Bridge, Apedale Country Park in Newcastle and Highgate Common near Wombourne. For details, check out What's On.
Looking for a birthday treat with a difference? How about a Really Wild Party!
• What? The birthday boy or girl and their pals can enjoy a pirate treasure hunt, bear hunt, learn some Ray Mears bushcraft survival skills and much much more. Parties last 1.5 hours and cost just £7 per child (minimum party cost £84). We can also provide party food and party bags on request.
• Where and when? You can celebrate a Really Wild Party with one of our experienced education staff at the Trust's Wolseley Centre HQ in Wolseley Bridge, between Stafford and Rugeley, or the Westport Lake Visitor Centre in Stoke-on-Trent. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or for more details, see our Birthday Parties leaflet.