Forest School Development/CPD Day at The Wolseley Centre - Whittling, Safe Knife Use and Maintenance
About the event
Join us on the 5th February and meet fellow Forest School enthusiasts - a chance to network, practice Forest School activities, learn new ideas and share your own with the group. This session will be looking at Whittling, Safe Knife Use and Maintenance.
Activities to include:
- Revision and discussion of safe working practice, the basics
- Different types of knife grip and purpose
- Choice of wood and characteristics
- 2 new whittling projects (ranging from simple to more difficult).
- Basic knife maintenance, including sharpening on wet stones and stropping, plus knife profiles and grinds
- Knife Law
These days are suitably targeted to people with previous Forest School experience. However, all abilities are welcome.
£50 per person
If you would like to be invoiced and pay by BACS, this can be arranged. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01889 880100
Price£50 per person
Additional booking informationPlease get in touch if you would like to be invoiced for this course
If you do not receive a confirmation email following your booking, please get in touch with us on email@example.com to ensure your place has been booked.
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser in advance
Wheelchair accessWheelchair users please contact organiser in advance
What to bring
This session is outdoors, so please come dressed for the weather